Tuesday, March 27, 2012

So, I am here again...trying in ernest to come up with stuff for the good ol' blog. I guess the best thing to do is to catch up on whats been going on lately.

1. Duane and I both turned 24. It is always interesting with our birthdays so close together, a lot of the times we say the money from gifts and go on trips. We've visited friends out of state, family, and even taken some rock climbing trips in the past for our birthdays, but this year, we both opted for quiet times at home with friends and family. (we are saving the trip for the summer when a certain cirque du soleil show will be headed to an atlanta arena near here).

2. I am once again trying to eat healthier and exercise more. Why? do you ask? I know in part of my brain, some of what I am doing seems a little excessive. Everybody tells me I look great and they give me compliments, I just do it to feel great about myself. I enjoy the stress relief that jogging and exercising provides. I like the way I feel better when I am eating fruits and veggies instead of ice cream and candy (although I did have a salad for lunch, followed by ice cream :P). It helps me to feel good about me and that's what counts.

3. My friend Crystal and I are coming up on the end of our study of the book of James, following Beth Moore's DVD's and viewing guides/homework, etc. We have both really enjoyed the study and are hungry for more. If anyone has any suggestions of something to do next, we would gladly take them.

4. My dermatologist is starting me on Acutane. As much as I am dreaded the monthly blood-work, the never-ending paperwork and accountability, and the expense of it all, I will be so incredibly happy if it works and my skin is clear. I would love to be able to pick and choose when I want to wear makeup without feeling like I need to hide my acne. I'm ready for this battle to be over with because it is just stupid and petty. Still...I am ready to have a day without acne/blackheads.

5. I don't know about anyone else, but I love The Hunger Games. I read all the books before I knew about the movie coming out. In fact, I've read them multiple times now and each time is just as captivating and thrilling. Duane and I saw the midnight premier (for my b-day) and we both loved it. I thought the actors were very well chosen and the director/producer did an excellent job. Of course, it would never beat the books, but it was still awesome in its own way. I want to see it again!!



I guess thats all for now :)

No comments: