Monday, September 24, 2012

Where has all the time gone?

Hello All! So I feel like I always start my posts the same way, but it's been awhile :) I'm here. I didn't fall off the face of the earth. Life has been busy so I will give a quick synopsis of what has been going on before I get to my main point. 


-moved to a new unit, the cardiac catheterization lab at EGRMC. It has its perks and those not so good things. No weekends/no holidays are perks, free food from stent/pacer reps is a perk. Not so good things include never knowing how long or short my day will be and whether or not I will get all my hours (definitely NOT good). But God is still providing with plenty of hours even when it seems like there will not be enough.



-Helped to host a baby shower for my beautiful sister Hollie :) She got tons of love and support and fabulous things. Overall, it was a wonderful success with the help of our Mom, Holly, and Jenn our sister. I'm so excited to meet Baby M come November!!



-Hosted a Bridal/Lingerie shower for my sister Anna! It was so fun with all of her friends there supporting her. It makes me sad to know that she is moving so far away and we won't get to see each other very often. But I am very happy to know she is marrying such a wonderful guy! I don't think either of them could ask for better spouses. 



So those are the major things that I have been doing, other than church services and events, working and the daily things like food, water, sleep, cleaning and working out. But thats pretty mundane so I think we will move on. 





Haiti.

I am going to Haiti.
First of all, I am very excited. To know that God called me and asked me to move and I said "Okay." Since my sophomore year of college, I have know that I was suppose to go into medical missions. I never knew how that would look, whether full time or yearly, I just knew that it was something that I needed to do. Who knows, this could be the only trip He ever calls me to. But knowing that, I chose to go into nursing school. So two years of nursing school and two years of working as a nurse later, here I am, going on my first ever, full-fledged mission trip. Woo hoo! I honestly can't wait to have this life changing experience. 


Secondly, I'm nervous. I hate bugs. That's probably my most selfish fear right now. Mosquitos love me, I loathe them and I don't want to be eaten alive! I am afraid of the language barrier, since I didn't study french in high school like my lovely sister, I have not the slightest clue as to what they will be saying. Haitians generally speak Creole, so I am very iffy about how communication will be established because I know that we won't have interpreters 24/7 for each of us. I am also nervous about the work. I am still unclear as to what I will actually be doing in the clinics and I would like to have a little more information on that, but I'm sure it is coming. 



Last, I am nervous about the stability of the country itself. I know that witch-craft/witch doctors are still fairly prominent in the area and I trying to prepare my self for upcoming spiritual battles as I try to love on these people. I am almost afraid at how different it will be and what a culture shock it is going to be coming back home. 



So there you have it. 



Anyone with mission trip advice is welcome to advise me. Anyone who wants to give to support the mission trip is also welcome to do that as well. :)



Love you all!

Cas

No comments: