Thursday, May 15, 2014

Lost loves

Have you ever forgotten how much you enjoy something when it has been a long time since you've done it? It's easy to, life interrupts you and gets in the way. Suddenly, it just doesn't seem as important as it used to. You know you like it, but it's just not a priority. I have had this happens couple of times since we have moved to Nashville. First with rock climbing, and I have to thank my bestest fried Crystal for the fabulous gift certificate she gave me for Climb Nashville.

I love climbing. It makes me feel strong and clever. I know that I don't have the best upper body strength so working a difficult problem and figuring out "my way" of accomplishing it is so satisfying. It's peaceful. It is a fun way to get an amazing workout without feeling like your working out. I had forgotten just how much I enjoyed it.

The next thing was just this week and I have to thank Becki for going with me. Horseback riding. Sitting on the back of a horse is so peaceful. Riding through the woods is breathtaking as I am surrounded by God's amazing creation. I hope to be on a horse much more often now!!

No comments: