Thursday, August 12, 2010

Yard work


Today I got a lot done :) and it always feels really good when you have a great, productive day. This morning my wonderful neighbor drove me to Lowe's so that I could buy some lattice board to fix up the back deck so cats can't get under it. Then when I got back to the house, Duane was packing up the dishes and food so we could "fog" aka bomb the house for fleas. So we set off the three bombs and ran for our lives to the fresh air of the outdoors. Duane set off the cutting the lattice and I began trimming the hedges. We worked outside the whole time that the bombs were doing their business. No more little sprigs popping out of the front bushes and no more crazy vines climbing up the front wall. I should have taken before pictures, but I didn't really want everyone to see what it looked like before :)This is the cute little house that I live in! I trimmed the hedges myself and I am about to invest in a lawn mower..I'm so domesticated. hehe. Duane still has a little work to do with the lattice, but we won't hold that against him. I'm just glad he was willing. I also worked on the fence line (it use to be COVERED in ivy) and now there is just one small spot (were a wasp decided to take up residence). I cut some low lying branches and pulled weeds, it felt great!

No comments: