Monday, October 22, 2012

Wedded Bliss :)

So, I am going to interrupt the Haiti talks for a little walk down the aisle.  :)

On October 13th, a little over a week ago, I supported my seester (aka my half-filipino sister-in-law) and my newest brother ;) as they said "I do" 

The weekend started off with some last minute decorations and preparations for the ceremony and reception. I learned how to tie a fancy bow as we decorated the church. That will be invaluable come christmas time! We rehearsed walking up and down the aisle and then went back to the hizzie for the most scrumptious filipino food, made by Lula :) I got to know a few Kiwi's (the affectionate nick-name for New Zealanders) as Charlie had so much support from home!! I thought it was really awesome for  Kirk, Peter, Andrew, and Rory to all fly over from New Zealand to be in Anna and Charlie's wedding. It was great getting to know all of those really awesome and down-to-earth guys.


Come saturday it was time to get done-up and the salon, put our make-up on and get dressed to walk down the aisle. One of the special moments of the day was being alone at the house with Anna as we did our make-up, then later, getting to do the make-up on my filipino Mom. Those quiet moments were very special times that I got to spend with the both of them and I won't likely forget them. Then it was off the the church to wait. 

The ceremony was beautiful and the bride brought tears to my eyes as she walked down the aisle. She was glowing! The music was absolutely beautiful, everyone look so gorgeous/handsome and it flowed so smoothly. It seemed like it was over in the blink of an eye, then my seester was married! I think most of the audience was a little misty in the eyes and I know the maid-of-honor, Erin, spent the entire ceremony sniffling. Nobody fell down, no wardrobe malfunctions, over-all, it went much smoother than my wedding. (not only did someone fall down the stairs, but a groomsman got a nose bleed before the ceremony and blood got on his shirt!!) 


At the reception, we had some really tasty food and some amazing red velvet cake from The Boll Weevil. Then we boogied down!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.phpv=10151079910385825&set=vb.696240824&type=2&theater (you can click the link and see a fun video of the bride and groom dancing) It was so much fun dancing and visiting with friends and family. Everything came to an end far too soon though and we had to say some pretty tearful goodbyes. I'm still on the verge of devastation at the fact that Anna now lives halfway around the world. So I will desperately save my money to go see her ASAP!! 

-Cas

1 comment:

Jillane Tucker said...

Yay! I'm so glad it went so well! I'm so happy for them! and lol your wedding mishaps...I had them too. They lost my car keys and on my honeymoon my car got wrecked in the driveway. lol. Yay Anna and Charlie!! :)