Saturday, February 14, 2015

A New Adventure

Looking back on the specific things I have prayed for and thought about, God has been preparing me for this moment. Especially in the last six months I know I have personally struggled with realizing that our story isn't going to look like everyone else's. Just because some friends are buying houses, or having babies, or getting their master's or whatever their next life step might be, doesn't mean that God has those things planned for us right now. That doesn't mean that they won't happen for us at some point, but God has definitely been teaching me to be happy and comfortable with the plan He has for us, not my plan for us. 

I've been praying hard for God help me to be content with where we are and to equip us for the future. It is after much prayer and talking with people close to us that Duane and I have decided to take our family on the road. In April, I plan on taking an assignment as a travel nurse and Duane and Meah will be joining me. Nashville has taught the both of us a lot, but we can both clearly see that it is not the place for us long term. We are hoping that God will reveal a awesome place for us to settle in while we are traveling. Past the decision to travel, we don't know where we are going to go or how long we will travel. We are trusting in our Creator to guide us on this journey. 

This is SO FAR from my comfort zone, I know I wouldn't have picked this on my own. Especially since I love my job right now and we are going to a church we love. I pray that God is going to use this new adventure to cause us to grow in our marriage and to lean on Him completely. I pray that I will learn to be more outgoing and intentional on making and investing in relationships with the new people that we come into contact with. 

I am so excited about traveling to new cities, trying out new restaurants and outdoor activities, meeting new people, and learning new things in a new hospital. I am actually so pumped about cleaning out all the extra junk in our lives that just gather dust and get in the way. It's really exciting to think about a "minimalist" lifestyle as we plan on taking whatever we can fit in our cars. The rest of our things will be stored (i.e. keepsakes, photos, etc), sold, given away, or thrown away. So that's it. Our big announcement. I love you guys...my blog followers... and this should give me PLENTY to blog about. :)

-Cas

No comments: