Saturday, February 21, 2015

Winter blues

Man this weather has got me in a funk. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful and I don't have any problem with snow whatsoever. Snow can be fun and I enjoy it. But this ice has got to go.

First of all, my job doesn't close. Like the millions of other health care workers, police officers, firefighters, emergency response people and those we trust to keep our power on, I have to try to make it to work, risking my car and my safety. And then I will most likely be stuck at work for days on end. It's not the ideal situation, but we do it all the time. I want to sleep in my own bed next to my husband.

Next thing is Meah. If you've known us for very long, you are aware that she has hip dysplasia. We have known since she was about 9 months old. The ice and cold weather are the absolute worst thing for her. She can't walk on the ice, at all. Her limp gets so bad and it's so painfully hard to watch. This, above everything else, is why I loath this weather. I hate it because it causes our fur baby pain.

So winter, it's time for you to go.
Sincerely,
-Cas
Sorry for the rant my friends, I had to let it out.

No comments: