Sunday, February 8, 2015

update and an upcoming announcement

Hello friends and family.
Life has been pretty great since the start of 2015. We started off with a day for 21 days. No meats, no carbs, no sugars. Only water to drink, and fruits, veggies, and whole grains to eat. It was refreshing, and eye opening. I realized just how much I love coffee and that it's ok to be hungry and you truly don't need meat or carbs to survive. It also really helped me start off the new year with my heart and mind focused on God. I was very happy and proud when Duane and I completed it.

As soon as the fast was over I hopped on a plane and went to Texas to visit my sister, brother in law, and my nephews. I'm in love with their newest family member Ian. And my love for Isaac only grew as we spent time together. It was a much needed break from my everyday stuff, and I thoroughly enjoyed the baby snuggles, toddler playtime, lazy couch days, and helping my wonderful sister settle into a life with two kiddos.

I've also acquired some new hardware in my mouth. My wire permanent retainer was traded for a set of clear retainers to straighten my teeth. Basically it's like invisalign, just a different company. I'm really excited to undo the shifting of my teeth brought on from my wisdom teeth and being unable to wear previous retainers.

Anywho, if you happened to make it through my updates, you will get to hear about the upcoming blogs I've planned in my head. A week from now, we have a big announcement. It's been prayed over and talked over with close family and friends and decision day is in 6 days. So then we can announce it to the rest of our friends and extended family as well. I'm also planning a little book review. I just finished reading Kiera Cass', The Selection, The Elite, and The One. It was a quick and fun read and I wanted to share my thoughts and feelings, and hopefully i can move on with my life and stop dwelling on this story. I think I have post book syndrome.

-Cas

No comments: