Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Spur of the Moment

I will be the first to admit, that since moving to Nashville, my days off are usually pretty chill and relaxed at home with Meah and Duane (a.k.a. I'm a homebody). We usually straighten the house, walk the dog, eat meals, Duane practices, I read a book. It's quite exciting. So yesterday's events were definitely a welcome change.

Duane really wanted to go the Kurdish market, Azadi International Market and Bakery, check out the homemade bread and ask some of the local Kurdish people if there was any live music in the area. I honestly wasn't that interested in going, but was under the impression that the market was only a short drive from the mall so I agreed :) Come to find out, it wasn't :|

But guess what was on the same road as the market and we had no clue until we drove right past it....

THE ZOO!! 

We had an impromptu trip to the Nashville Zoo. It was a blast, the weather was beautiful and it wasn't crowded. It was awe inspiring and I had an amazing time with my goofy husband. The Gibbons were the loudest and most musical primates I've ever heard. I could hear them when we got out of the car. 

Clydesdales! 

Croft Family Home










The old historic Croft Farm is on the land where the zoo is. It's this very well maintained house and barn, complete with horses, cows, bulls, and goats of course. The house looked awesome and had a great garden in the back that I would love to visit in the springtime. It was a neat and unexpected site at the zoo. 

Kangaroo Kickabout
We saw this big girl show off for us (see above), dancing and drinking at the water hole. She was marvelous to watch.  






A really cool feature at the Nashville Zoo is the Kangaroo Kickabout. You can walk in the exhibit and be right up next to the kangaroos. Some of them will even allow you to pet them. One was standing up on its hind legs scratching its armpit. Classy. 
I see a goofy bird in the picture. Do you?



This little guy looks a little like 
"He-who-must-not-be-named"

Maybe we aren't such an old married couple after all ;)
-Cas

No comments: